1CHiQ CSH310NBSL Hybrid Upright Freezer
2PART NAMES AND LOCATIONS
3IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
7Door reversal instruction
8.1Before Using the Refrigerator
8.2Installing the Refrigerator
8.3ENERGY SAVING TIPS
9.2Child Lock function
9.5Switchover between fridge/freezer mode
9.7Door open alarm
10GENERAL CARE AND MAINTENANCE
10.1Cleaning the Refrigerator
10.3Repositioning and Relocating the Refrigerator
12Documents / Resources
CHiQ CSH310NBSL Hybrid Upright Freezer
PART NAMES AND LOCATIONS
IN ACCESSORY BAG: USER MANUAL, WARRANTY CARD, DOOR REVERSAL PARTS
As the manufacturer holds the authority to redesign or modify its products without notice: Any modifications or upgrades of our products will result in this Refrigerator varying slightly from this manual but the functionality will remain the same to that as set out within this manual.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Follow these basic precautions to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock hazards or injury when operating the Refrigerator:
- This product has been designed for using in a normal domestic environment. It is not intended for commercial use which will avoid warranty, such as supermarket, food shop, pharmacy, commercial kitchen & etc.
- Persons with lack of experience and knowledge, reduced physical or mental capabilities, need to be given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- It is critical use this appliance safely. Read all instructions before operating the Refrigerator and do not attempt to repair or modify this unit in any way as it can cause harm or void the warranty.
- Please ensure all persons using this appliance are also informed and comply with the details set out within this manual and the product Terms and Conditions.
- When unpacking the appliance for the first time, keep all cardboard and plastic packaging out of reach from children.
- Report any notable defects with the appliance to Chiq or retailer as soon as it is noted. Failure to do so can result in a non-warranty claim. Keep all packaging materials in a safe location until the unit has been installed properly.
- If the supplied power cord of this unit is damaged, it must be replaced by qualify service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid any risk of injury. It is recommended the power cord is situated in a safe location when operating or transporting the appliance to prevent any damage that may cause electrical shock or fire hazards.
DANGER or WARNING:
- Service of this unit
The installation or any service of the appliance is recommended by a qualified technician or service company.
- Ventilation Hazards
Never clean the Refrigerator or Refrigerator parts with flammable fluids, or store gasoline or any other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other Refrigerator as the gas and/or vapour can cause a fire hazard, explosion or inhalation.
- Electrical Connection
Make certain, when installing or moving the unit that the power outlet has been connected to, has been fitted by a qualified electrician and the ground wire has been connected properly to meet the Australian Electrical Standards.
NOTE: This model uses R600a flammable refrigerant in its sealed system. The following must be observed for your safety:
R600a Refrigerant Warning
- This appliance contains 0.079kg grams R600a refrigerant which is environmentally friendly, but flammable. It does not damage the ozone layer, nor does it increase the greenhouse effect.
- During transportation and installation, ensure that the tubing of the refrigerant circuit is not damaged.
- Leaking refrigerant can ignite and may damage the eyes.
- In the event any damage does occur, avoid exposure to open fires and any device which creates a spark. Disconnect the appliance from the mains power.
- Thoroughly ventilate the room in which the appliance is located for several minutes.
- Notify Customer Service for necessary action and advice.
- The room for installing the appliance must be at least 1 cubic metre per 8 grams of refrigerant. The refrigerant quantity contained in this appliance is listed above in grams; it is also noted on the Rating Plate of the appliance.
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
It is hazardous for anyone other than an Authorised Service Person to carry out servicing or repairs to this appliance. In Queensland the authorized person must hold a Gas Work Authorisation for hydrocarbon refrigerants, before carrying out servicing or repairs which involve the removal of covers.
- Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in the appliance.
The environment and personal safety must be considered when disposing of this appliance. Please ensure the appliance is taken to a recycle center for safe recycling. DO NOT dispose of the appliance in land fill as the insulation and refrigerant gas contained in these appliances are flammable.
This is an upright single-door inverter refrigerator with electronic control. It features switchover between the fridge mode and the freezer mode.
Under the freezer mode, it can be used for the preservation of fish, meat, etc. that need be frozen for the long-term storage.
Under the fridge mode, it can be used for fresh food storage, such as fruits, vegetables, eggs, milk, etc.
- Computer control
Adopting the electronic temperature control mode, the refrigerator is designed with a LED display screen, by which the temperature and working parameters can be managed and set.
- Inverter technology
Integrated with precise frequency conversion, noise reduction, energy saving, precise temperature control and other technologies, the refrigerator boasts of superior performances.
Furthermore, working efficiency of the inverter compressor can be automatically adjusted according to the ambient temperature and the set temperature and keep the fridge-freezer operating in its optimal state.
- Green technology
The freon-free refrigerant and foaming insulation material are used for the refrigerator, causing no damage to the ozone layer and having a very small impact on the global warming, so it is a environmentally friendly product.
- More user-friendly designs
Such functions as wide working voltage range, automatic temperature control, power-cut memory, power-on delay, automatic alarm, fast freezing, and quick cooling, etc. are available.
- Find the handle assembly in the unit.
- Remove four screws on the side of the door.
- Attach handle on the door with the four screws.
- Put the handle cover on the position, assemble the cover with two clamping claws into the two holes on the end of handle guide rail.
- Push the end of cover near the handle part on the position and make sure they are attached together firmly.
Door reversal instruction
Door reversal job requests some spare parts which are in the accessory bag, top hinge, top hinge cover, bottom hinge and plastic door closer.
For safety purpose, two people is recommended for the job.
The following tool is required: ladder, flat screwdriver, phillips screwdriver, adjustable spanner, socket wrench and 8mm socket.
(This instruction is for right hinge models. It can be done on opposite way for left hinge models.)
- Make sure the power cable is unplugged from power point.
- Remove the screws from the upper hinge cover and remover the cover carefully.
Disconnect two wire connections and put the communication wires (the wires come from cabinet) into the hole on the top of the unit.
- Remove the three bolts on the upper hinge, then remove the upper hinge and hinge bush.
(Important ) Please remove a black color magnet next to the hinge and insert it to another side.
- Remove the wire cover under the hinge and put the door communication wire (the wires come from the door) into the hole, then put the wire cover back on.
- Remove the three screws and cover from the left-side top of the refrigerator, take out the wire harness and install the hinge bush. Remove the wire cover on the top left door and take out two wire harness from there.
- Lift up the refrigerator door, remove it from bottom hinge and keep it on a stable place.
- Remove the front leveling feet, use adjustable spanner or socket wrench to remove the 4 screws, then remove the hinge.
- Get the lower left hinge from the accessory bag and install it on the bottom left hand side.
- Remove the door stopper(metal) and door closer (black plastic) from the door right bottom position. Put the door stopper(metal) on the door left bottom and get a new door closer (black plastic) from the accessory bag, install them with the screw from right side.
- Put the door on the left hinge and make sure the door is level with the cabinet and rubber gasket has a good seal. Hold the door on position before install the upper hinge.
- Get the upper left hinge from the accessory bag, fix it with bolts and install the ground wire(with a ring end) under one bolt. Connect red/yellow/blue cable socket from the door to same color one from cabinet.
- Remove a magnet sensor from right top hinge cover (the one is removed at the beginning), the parts has two wires and a two pins socket. Install it under the new hinge cover from the accessory bag. Connect the two pins socket to the wire harness from the cabinet.
- When install the top left hinge cover, put the front on the position first, make sure a clip is attached to the metal hinge properly. Then push the back part on the position and secure it with two screws.
Double check and make sure the magnet is installed on the door top left side near the hinge cover.
- Remove the handle cover, remove four screws and the handle.
Install the handle on the other side of the door
- After the door handle is installed, the door reversing operation is finished.
If the unit keeps beeping after door is reversed, please check the following tips.
- Check step c, make sure magnet is put into another side(new hinge side).
- Check step L, make sure the magnet sensor is put under the new hinge cover properly.
- Check step m, make sure the hinge cover is on the position properly, a clip under the front edge need to be attached to metal hinge.
Before Using the Refrigerator
- Remove the exterior and interior packing.
- Before connecting the Refrigerator to a power source, let the unit stand upright for approximately 4 hours to mitigate the possibility of a malfunction in the cooling system from improper handling during transportation.
- Clean the interior surface with warm water using a soft cloth.
Installing the Refrigerator
- This appliance is designed to be free standing only, and should not be recessed or built-in.
W D H A B C(°) E F 710 770 1570 1297 1407 130±5 50 50
Note: Figure 1, Figure 2 only illustrate the space demand of the product.
- Allow at least 5cm of space between the back and sides of the Refrigerator to allow proper air ventilation. Insufficient space will result in cooling and working life issue and voiding warranty.
- Place the Refrigerator on a leveled/even floor surface that is strong enough to support the weight of the Refrigerator when it is fully loaded to prevent vibrations.
- Place the Refrigerator on a concrete, tile floor or waterproof floor is recommended. The fridge will produce defrost water or condensation moisture, it might cause water damage in some extreme circumstances.
- The front feet can be adjusted to level the appliance properly. Adjust the two front feet to keep the Refrigerator leveled or elevated.
- Situate the Refrigerator away from direct sunlight and sources of direct heat (stove, heater, radiator, etc.). Direct sunlight may also affect the acrylic coating and heat sources may cause an increase power consumption.
- This unit is not designed for outside installation.
- Avoid situating the Refrigerator in moist OR pest infestation areas.
- Plug the Refrigerator into dedicated, properly installed-grounded wall outlet. Do not under any circumstances cut or remove the third (ground) prong from the power cord. Any questions concerning power and/or grounding should be directed toward a certified electrician or an authorized service center.
- After plugging the appliance into a wall outlet, turn the unit on and allow the unit to cool down for 4-6 hours before placing food in the Refrigerator.
- Do not place heavy items on the top of this appliance.
ENERGY SAVING TIPS
- Allow hot foods to cool to room temperature before placing in the Refrigerator. Overloading the Refrigerator forces the compressor to work harder. Foods that freeze too slowly may lose quality, or spoil.
- Be sure to wrap foods properly, and wipe containers dry before placing them in the Refrigerator. This cuts down on frost build-up inside the Refrigerator.
- Organize and label food to reduce door openings and extended searches. Remove as many items as needed at one time, and close the door as soon as possible.
Function & Setting
The display panel is on the door, the following picture will show the display symbols and functions.
When the refrigerator is connected to power supply for the first time, all icons on the display panel gets illuminated for 2s, and the system runs in the freezer mode at -18 ℃ by default. When door is closed, the display will turn off automatically. It will light up if door is opened or any key is pressed.
The following key operations are valid only when the keys are unlocked and gets illuminated on the display.
Child Lock function
If no key operation within 3 minutes, the Child Lock function will be enabled automatically. The lock symbol lights up on display.
When the Child Lock function is enabled, the temperature and function can’t be changed to prevent maloperation. Press setting or function buttons, a beeping sound comes with no repones on display.
Exit or Enable the Child Lock function
Press and hold the OK/Lock button more than 3s till a beeping sound, then the Child Lock function will be turned on or off.
When the Fast freezer function is enabled, the unit will be set at -32℃. After 26 hours of running, the Fast freezer function will be turned off automatically.
Cooling down the freezer temperature in a rapid manner is beneficial to the prevention of food nutrition against lost and the preservation of freshness.
The temperature setting can’t be changed when Fast freezer mode is active.
The Fast-Freezing function can be enabled only in the freezer mode.
Turn on Fast freezer mode
Press the Function key till the Fast freezer is flashing, then quickly press the OK key to confirm. If the OK key is not pressed within 5s, the setting won’t be changed. The Fast freezer symbol will stay on when it is active properly.
Turn off Fast freezer mode
After a cumulative running period of 26 hours, the Fast Freeze function will be turned off automatically.
Or press the Function key till the Fast freezer is flashing, then quickly press the OK key to confirm. The fast freezer symbol will disappear when it is turned off.
When the fast cool function is enabled, the unit will be set at 2℃.
Cooling down the temperature in a rapid manner is beneficial to the prevention of food nutrition against lost and the preservation of freshness.
The temperature setting can’t be changed when fast cool mode is active.
The fast cool function can be enabled only in the fridge mode.
Turn on fast cool mode
Press the Function key till the fast cool is flashing, then quickly press the OK key to confirm. If the OK key is not pressed within 5s, the setting won’t be changed. The fast cool symbol will stay on when it is active properly.
Turn off fast cool mode
Press the Function key till the fast cool is flashing, then quickly press the OK key to confirm. The fast cool symbol will disappear when it is turned off.
Switchover between fridge/freezer mode
Before switching the mode, please make sure lock function is turned off.
Also make sure the fast freezer or fast cool mode is turned off.
Press and hold the “-” Temp. key for 3s, it will switch between fridge and freezer mode, the freezer or fridge symbol will be on accordingly.
Before changing the setting, please make sure lock function is turned off.
Also make sure the fast freezer or fast cool mode is turned off.
Keep pressing the ‘+’ or ‘-’ to adjust the temperature to desired setting, then press the OK key or wait for 5s to validate the temperature setting.
Temperature setting ranges cycle as follows:
In the fridge mode：2℃↔3℃↔4℃↔5℃↔6℃↔7℃↔8℃；
In the freezer mode：-16℃↔ -17℃↔ -18℃↔ -19℃↔ -20 ℃↔ -21℃↔ -22℃↔ -23℃ ↔ -24℃；
The number on the display only shows the setting temperature which might vary to the exact temperature inside the unit
Please note different sections of refrigerator compartment may be warmer or cooler than others – typically the back wall and bottom lowest shelf will be the coolest,
the top front near the door will be the warmest. To avoid frost bite, please don’t put raw vegetables too close to the coolest area.
Door open alarm
If any door is opened for more than 3 minutes, buzzer alarm will be continuously beeping. It can be stopped by pressing any key button, but will be restored after 3 minutes if the door keeps opening.
The alarm will stop when the doors are closed properly.
If door open alarm is on all the time after door is reversed to another opening direction, please check the Door reversal instruction Page4-6
Power cut memory
In the case of power failure, the refrigerator will maintain the previous setting when the power supply is restored.
In order to protect the compressor from being damaged in the case of short-time power failure (i.e., less than 5 minutes), the compressor will not be started immediately after it is powered on. But it will restart after power comes back on for more than 5 minutes.
Over-temperature alarm (only after power outage)
When the refrigerator system is powered on, if the freezer sensor temperature is higher than -10℃, digits of the freezer zone get flickering on the display. The freezer temperature can be displayed when any key is pressed, and the normal display will be restored when any key is pressed again or after 10s.
In case E0, E1, E2, EH, or EC is displayed on the display panel, it indicates fault with the refrigerator. Please contact CHIQ service centre for a service call.
GENERAL CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Cleaning the Refrigerator
- Upon installation of your new appliance, it is recommended that it be cleaned thoroughly and properly maintained thereafter.
- Turn off the Refrigerator and then unplug the unit from the wall outlet.
- Remove all food content before washing the inside with a damp cloth soaked in lukewarm water and dishwasher liquid. Don’t use any chemical detergent which might damage coating of the Refrigerator.
- Be sure to keep the door gasket (seal) clean to keep the unit running efficiently as improper cleaning can cause the seal to dislodge and tear.
- Dry the interior and exterior with a soft cloth.
- Turn off the Refrigerator first and then unplug the unit from the power point.
- Remove all food.
- Clean the Refrigerator.
- Leave the lid open slightly to avoid possible formation of condensation, mold, or odors.
- Use extreme caution in the case of children. The unit should not be accessible to child’s play.
- Short vacations: Leave the Refrigerator operating during vacations of less than three weeks.
- Long vacations: If the appliance will not be used for several months, remove all food and unplug the power cord. Clean and dry the interior thoroughly. To prevent odour and mold growth, leave the door open slightly: blocking it open if necessary.
Repositioning and Relocating the Refrigerator
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove all the food and drinks.
- Securely tape down all loose items inside your Refrigerator.
- Tape the doors to be closed securely.
- It is recommended that the Refrigerator stays in the upright position during transportation. But if it is laid down for transport purpose, please lift it up immediately after the job is done. Please wait for at least 24 hours before putting the power.
|The Refrigerator has no power|
|Compressor runs all the time|
|Temperature inside the Refrigerator is too cold.||Temperature control is set too cold. Turn the control to a warmer setting and allow several hours for the temperature to stabilize.|
|Temperature of external Refrigerator side walls are warm.||The exterior Refrigerator walls can be as much as 15-20 degrees warmer than room temperature.|
This is normal while the compressor works to transfer heat from inside the Refrigerator cabinet to the condenser behind the Refrigerator side walls.
|Popping or cracking sound when compressor comes on.||Metal parts undergo expansion and contraction, as in hot water pipes. This is normal. Sound will level off or disappear as Refrigerator continues to run.|
|Bubbling or gurgling sound, like water boiling.||Refrigerant (used to cool Refrigerator) is circulating throughout the system. This is normal operation.|
|Moisture forms on outside of Refrigerator.||Door is slightly open, causing cold air from inside the Refrigerator to meet warm moist air from the outside.|
|The doors will not close properly.|
For any enquiries, please call the CHiQ Customer care on: 1300 796 688
Documents / Resources
|CHiQ CSH310NBSL Hybrid Upright Freezer [pdf] User Manual|
CSH310NBSL Hybrid Upright Freezer, CSH310NBSL, Hybrid Upright Freezer, Freezer
Upright Freezer User Manual
Upright Freezer User Manual - Optimized PDF Upright Freezer User Manual - Original PDF
Euromaid 183L Upright Freezer User Manual
CHiQ Frost Free Upright Freezer CSF165NSS Specifications
FROST FREE UPRIGHT FREEZER CSF165NSS 166 Litres (Usable Capacity) Stainless Steel WIDTH - 540mm HEIGHT - 1443mm DEPTH…
RCA RFRF695 Freezer User Manual
RCA RFRF695 Freezer User Freezer
When smart mode is on, the temperature of the fridge compartment is set at 4℃, and freezer compartment at - 18℃. Under the Smart mode, the refrigerator is running more efficiently and with better performance. The fridge and freezer temperature setting can't be changed when smart mode is active.Are CHiQ fridges frost free? ›
CHiQ frost free top mount refrigerator adopts frost free technology, that provides automatic defrosting. Multiple stereo air flow guarantee uniform temperature and no frost inside each chamber.What does hybrid fridge freezer mean? ›
Hybrid Fridge / Freezer | Switchable between Refrigerator (2 degree C to 8 degree C) and Freezer (-16 degree C to -28 degree C) by adjusting the Digital Temperature Control. Hybrid R/F Switchable System.